The odd UFC 170 co-main event is in the books, and it was just as lopsided as it looked on paper. Patrick Cummins made a name for himself by talking some smack and getting a fight against Daniel Cormier on short notice, but it did not go well for him. Cormier stopped him inside two minutes and picked up his first win at light heavyweight. Check out the video highlights above, or my brief play-by-play of the fight below.
Round 1 – Cummins with a leg kick. Good left from Cummins. Uppercut from Cormier, and another. Inside leg kick from Cummins. Cormier dropped him with a right. He jumped on his back and landed shots until Mario Yamasaki waved it off. Cummins didn’t really like the stoppage, but he wasn’t getting back up.
Daniel Cormer defeats Patrick Cummins by TKO (strikes), 1:19 of round 1
- UFC 170 bonuses: Rousey, Maia, MacDonald and Thompson each take home $50,000
- UFC 170: Rousey vs McMann – Results and post-fight analysis
- UFC 170 Results: Ronda Rousey finishes Sara McMann with first-round knee to the body
- UFC 170 Results: Daniel Cormier batters Patrick Cummins
- UFC 170 Results: Rory MacDonald mounts comeback, dominates Demian Maia
About the author