In his short UFC career, Khabib Nurmagomedov has been nothing if not brash and outspoken. The Russian Sambist has made something of a name for himself with his “If Sambo was easy it would be called Jiu Jitsu” T-Shirts and a long string of lightweight callouts on his way up the ranks. As often as not he’s made good use of his prodigious Photoshop skills to poke fun at some of the UFC’s best fighters as he searches for his next fight. Now it would appear, with a the bout agreements signed, he’s turning his trash-talk game to Rafael dos Anjos, and dos Anjos’ self-stated goal of teaching the young Russian a little respect.
— khabib nurmagomedov (@TeamKhabib) February 10, 2014
Unfortunately, I have the feeling that “Jiu Jitsu Flavor” might be something close to a sweaty rash-guard, and whatever industrial grade foam/rubber they make those mats out of. Still, I’d buy a box if Nurmagomedov plans on moving these in to production any time soon.
Rafael dos Anjos vs. Khabib Nurmagomedov is scheduled for UFC on Fox 11, on April 19 in Orlando Flordia. Here’s a look at the current card:
- Knuckle Up #431: Where talk turns to steroids, steroids, losing + more steroids. Plus Machida v. Mousasi
- Sara McMann feels Ronda Rousey is ‘just another opponent’
- Judo Chop: Mikey Garcia & Luis Collazo, Manipulating Distance
- BE’s Baddest Greatest Submission Fighter Tournament: #1 Kazushi Sakuraba vs #8 Frank Shamrock
- The Inaugural 2013 Bloody Elbow WMMA Awards
About the author