Julianna Pena took to Facebook to post an update on the results of her knee surgery:
Surgery was a success! I was freaking out the whole time thinking I wasn’t going to wake up for provoking death so much, but I’m alive! I want to give a special thanks to the doctors that operated on me, particularly Dr. Kvitney, here in LA. Dana put me in the best hands for surgery; they’re confident i will make a full recovery in due time. I would to send out a huge Thank you to Dana White and the UFC for making this successful surgery a possibility. And THANK YOU to everyone who has sent me prayers and well wishes. Your guys support is so meaningful and beautiful to me. No kidding it’s the reason why I keep moving forward w my fighting career. I fight for me, but I also fight for you guys too! I want to be remembered as a skilled fighter and without my family and fans, (my friends), that wouldn’t be possible. So THANK YOU everyone who has been supporting me through this difficult time. It’s humbling and I truly appreciate it! !
Pena had been scheduled to face Jessica Andrade at UFC 171 on March 15 in Dallas. She was training with male bantamweight Josh Gow when she injured her knee. UFC president Dana White alleged that she was assaulted in the gym but everyone from the Pena camp denies that anything malicious or out of the ordinary went on in training that day.
- UFC Fight Night 36: Machida vs. Mousasi live results and play-by-play for FS1 main card
- UFC Fight Night 36: Lyoto Machida vs. Gegard Mousasi live results, news, and analysis
- Shayna Baszler makes her UFC debut against Sarah Kaufman at the TUF Nations finale
- UFC: Cub Swanson says Aldo should just move up to 155 and challenge himself
- Jessica Eye’s failed drug test was for marijuana, not blood thinners
About the author