It’s funny what a little perspective will do for an idea. One can hardly blame the WSOF for not realizing that their challenge of a co-promotional PPV to Bellator would basically open the door to every pistol packing punk in the west looking to climb the ladder of promotional relevance, but that was certainly the message sent. “Put together a fun fight card that is equal or better to what we can offer on our own, and we’ll be interested.” So it’s hard to blame the XFC, who had a rather bitter separation from current WSOF figher Nick Newell, for issuing their own version of the challenge that Ali Abdel-Aziz issued to Bellator, via Facebook.
They’ve since pulled the post down, but honestly it’s not a step down from what the WSOF has been putting together lately. Fighters like Scott Holtzman, Stephanie Eggink, and Luis Santos are pretty comparable with the current WSOF cast. WSOF has been adding some bigger names lately, but until they can regularly put together big cards they’ve left themselves open to callouts like this one. Maybe the MFC will be knocking on the doors of WSOF Canada soon.
- Ben Henderson on Josh Thomson’s ‘worst camp ever’: ‘That’s life’
- Mike Easton says he only trained with Team Lloyd Irvin, not Alliance MMA, for loss to T.J. Dillashaw
- Travis Browne discusses the Golden Rule of MMA
- How’s Taste My Tweet Tweet? MMA Twitter Beef, Plus Arianny Celeste and Brittney Palmer Body Paint Photos
- Tyrell Fortune Is MMA’s Next Great Heavyweight
About the author