Rousimar Palhares has released a video giving his side of the story regarding his failure to release the heel hook submission on Mike Pierce at UFC Fight Night 29 this Wednesday that got him cut by the UFC and suspended by the Brazilian MMA authorities for 120 days.
In the video Palhares claims that the referee was busy trying to get Mike Pierce’s hands out of the Octagon fence and took two seconds to get around Pierce and “that’s where the misunderstanding came from.” He also claims that Pierce was tapping on the referee’s body and not his and so he didn’t realize he’d won the fight.
Furthermore he says anyone who knows him would know that he would never deliberately hurt anyone.
More from Bloody Elbow:
- Bradley vs Marquez free live stream undercard fights and red carpet pre-show
- Zelaznik: UFC unlikely to hold 13 events in Brazil in 2014
- How to watch Glory 11 Chicago live on Spike: Results, fight card, and live fight online schedule
- UFC Fight Night 29 medical suspensions: Mike Pierce out 180 days
- Bellator doesn’t want Rousimar Palhares either
Latest From Our Partners
About the author