Michael Bisping has been dealing with serious eye issues stemming from a detached retina for several months now. The injury forced him out of his planned bout with Mark Munoz as he had surgery to correct the issue, but it appears that the situation has gotten worse for Bisping.
John Joe O’Regan of Fighters Only posted on The Underground:
im staying at mike’s for a few days here in LA; i just got in from visiting Alliance in San Diego and saw his girlfriend, she had just got back from taking him to Pasedena hospital. He’s undergoing surgery, his eye was causing him agony apparently
While I don’t want to assume the worst, eye injuries have ended fight careers before. Hopefully Bisping is able to make a full recovery and get back in the cage. If not, hopefully he is able to at least keep his eyesight in the affected eye.
Ariel Helwani reports, via twitter that he has spoken to Bisping’s manager, and Bisping did not undergo surgery, but was taken to the hospital after experiencing pain.
. @bisping‘s mgr @audieattar says MB didn’t have emergency eye surgery yesterday. He want to the hosp. after feeling pain but no surgery.
— Ariel Helwani (@arielhelwani) October 4, 2013
More from Bloody Elbow:
- Michael Bisping taken to hospital, has unplanned surgery on eye
- MMA Beat #20: UFC card shuffles, cutting Okami, Machida vs. Munoz, Sonnen vs. W. Silva, more
- Bloody Elbow September 2013 Meta-Rankings: Light Heavyweight
- Bloody Elbow September 2013 Meta-Rankings: Middleweight
- Bloody Elbow September 2013 Meta-Rankings: Welterweight
Latest From Our Partners
About the author