Saturday night, top kickboxing organization Glory was back in the US for Glory 10 Los Angeles. Heading into the show, a number of late changes to the card left it a bit low on star power in the eyes of many casual kickboxing fans. But any fans who decided to skip the show missed out an a great event highlighting some of the best in the world.
In the night’s biggest result, American Joe Schilling upset Artem Levin to win the 85kg tournament and become the first Glory Middleweight champion. Levin was the heavy favorite in the tournament, but Schilling was able to top him in a closely contest fight that saw the two men battle into an extension round where Schilling managed to drop Levin to secure the decision win.
Overall, it was a great night for American kickboxing, with Schilling’s win as the obvious highlight. In addition, late replacement American fighter Ky Hollenbeck defeated kickboxing legend Albert Kraus, while Wayne Barrett looked great in his KO win. There has long been a sentiment that America had no place on the international kickboxing scene. At Glory 10, American fighters proved that wrong.
Elsehwere on the card, Robin van Roosmalen took home a win in the main event against Shemsi Beqiri, though it did not come easily as Beqiri gave him a challenge. Davit Kiria scored a mild upset in his win over K-1 MAX GP champion Murthel Groenhart – this should bump Kiria into the very top levels at Lightweight. Also impressive in victory was Japan’s Hinata.
Full Glory results are below.
GLORY 10 LOS ANGELES RESULTS
More from Bloody Elbow:
- Chavez vs Vera: Fight video highlights online of Julio Cesar Chavez Jr vs Bryan Vera in controversial decision
- Diuretics suspected in death of Brazilian fighter Leandro Souza
- Wanderlei Silva to Chael Sonnen: ‘I didn’t smash you today because I’m a professional’
- HBO Boxing Chavez vs Vera preview: Julio Cesar Chavez Jr disgraces boxing again
- Stevenson vs Cloud highlights and results: Adonis Stevenson takes Cloud apart in 7
About the author