Matt Grice, the 32-year-old UFC jFeatherweight who doubles as an Oklahoma police officer is in intensive care in Oklahoma following a reported car wreck. Oklahoma News 9 has the details:
An Oklahoma City police officer and MMA fighter is in critical condition Sunday night.
Officer Matt Grice was off duty when he was hit from behind at a red light in Pottawatomie County. He’s undergoing brain surgery Sunday night at OU Presbyterian.
Grice (15-5, 2-5 UFC) is coming off a Fight of the Night performance against Dennis Bermudez at UFC 157. He lost that bout via split decision. He had been scheduled to face Jeremy Larsen at UFC 166 in October.
More from Bloody Elbow:
- Mayweather vs. Alvarez preview and analysis: Full fight video of Canelo Alvarez vs. Josesito Lopez
- UFC Fight Night 29 fight card: Maia vs. Shields
- Daily MMA 9/8: B.J. Penn gets full mount but loses badly, Bellator 98 recaps and highlights
- Floyd Mayweather vs. Canelo Alvarez All Access full episodes 1, 2, 3
- Technique Recap (Part Two): UFC 164 & UFN 28
About the author