Donald Cerrone is set to take on Rafael dos Anjos on August 28 in Indianapolis at UFC Fight Night 27 but he might have some unfinished business in Colorado to take care of first. Cage Potato has a statement from the Grand County Colorado Sheriff’s Department:
Donald A. Cerrone, 30 years of age, has been charged with Third Degree Assault by a summons to court, and it is a Class One Misdemeanor. There is no warrant for him at this time. Mr. Cerrone and another person, Jeffrey S. Aley, were involved in a boating rage incident (similar to road rage but by use of boats) on Lake Granby. The incident escalated to the point where Mr Cerrone assaulted Mr. Aley. Mr. Aley was also charged with Reckless Operation of a boat and Reckless Endangerment, a Class Three Misdemeanor. The case is still ongoing, and has not been concluded in court.
Cerrone last fought in the Octagon at UFC 160 when he beat K.J. Noons by unanimous decision.
More from Bloody Elbow:
- How’s Taste My Tweet Tweet? MMA on Twitter – Baller Problems, Middleweight mess, Dinosaurs, Pruning
- UFC Fight Night 26: Technique Recap
- Vitor Belfort vs. Dan Henderson 2 agreed for UFC Fight Night 32 in Brazil
- Stefan Struve’s career in danger after enlarged heart diagnosis
- UFC signs Jungle Fight champion Ivan Jorge to replace injured Marcelo Guimaraes
Latest From Our Partners
About the author