Spoiler alert: UFC president Dana White isn’t a big fan of Roy Nelson and he relayed his frustration about the heavyweight’s actions on The Ultimate Fighter thus far with MMA Fighting’s Ariel Helwani after Thursday’s UFC on Fox 4 press conference.
In the video below, White said Nelson has been a “huge pain in the ass” since he’s been in the UFC and caused some issues on the first day of filming “saying dumb sh*t”. Nelson made headlines by wanting to bring on Victor Conte and Kurt Angle onto his coaching staff, both of which were denied.
Other highlights from the clip:
– Helwani asked White whether the strategy has changed for Fox shows. White said the relationship has been great and added, “You’ll see what we’re going to do over the next few months.” He also discussed the ref cam he’s not a fan of, saying the camera will be in the official’s shirt, not on his head.
– He discussed the backlash about his proclamation and subsequent take back about how Saturday’s fights would determine the next top 205-pound contender. He said he was surprised how fast fans were writing Mauricio Rua off.
– He said Brandon Vera needs to prove himself and that “his whole career is all about these next 15 minutes on Saturday night.”
– He also addressed WWE chairman Vince McMahon’s recent stockholder call comments about UFC ratings being ‘abysmal’. “Vince keeps taking sh*t about us and I don’t know why,” he said.
– White also explained what happened with the near signing of Tim Sylvia.
Video after the jump…
About the author