UFC president Dana White wasn’t a happy man after UFC on FX 4 Friday night, mainly because of how the Gray Maynard vs. Clay Guida fight played out. White talked to Ariel Helwani following the event and had some choice words for Guida’s game plan, how he scored Spencer Fisher vs. Sam Stout and more.
Here are some highlights from the seven minute chat:
- Not surprisingly, White hated the Maynard/Guida fight. “You don’t win a fight by running…ever,” White said. “Some goof put in his head that running around in circles might win him a fight. They were dead wrong.”
- He was surprised at the scoring, saying he had Maynard in a blowout.
- He said he thinks the New Jersey athletic commission is the best in the country. He said the show wasn’t how he wanted to return to Atlantic City after such a long absence.
- He gave his opinion on Hatsu Hioki not taking a title shot when it was offered.
- He thought Spencer Fisher beat Sam Stout, saying that Fisher’s punches throughout a round should count more than a takedown and laying on someone. “He didn’t do any damage after his takedowns,” White said.
- He talked about whether a Wanderlei Silva loss Saturday would mark the end of his career.
About the author