One FC hosted their first press conference yesterday and they unveiled their grand plans to take over the Asian MMA scene. As expected, they announced that they already have broadcast deals with both ESPN Star Sports, and MediaCorp Channel 5 (MC), Singapore’s leading media company. Their CEO, Victor Cui talked about being shown all over Asia:
“ONE Fighting Championship marks a significant inflectionpoint in the sport of mixed martial arts in Asia. By our first event on September 3, we will be in more than 500 million homes across Asia and it is only the beginning. Asia has been the birthplace and home to martial arts for the last 5,000 years and ONE Fighting Championship has a vision of bringing mixed martial arts to the 3.9 billion people living in Asia. I am excited by the dominant leadership position of ONE Fighting Championship in Asia and the future of mixed martial arts in this region of the world. MMA is the fastest growing sport on the planet. We intend to showcase some of the most adrenaline-filled, exciting fights in Asia, featuring the best Asian fighters.”
As they have been advertizing, One FC will be all “champion vs champion” bouts, and now they have announced an impressive list of champions who are currently on their roster. They have several MMA champs, along with champions from other disciplines, which includes couple of popular names such as the Gracie Brothers, Gregor, Igor and Rolles, the top fighters from the Philippines, a boxing world champion, plus few of the very best Muay Thai and Sanda fighters on earth. Here’s the partial roster they have announced:
– Anuwat Kaewsamrit (Thailand) – 6x Muay Thai World Champion.
– Eduard Folayang (Philippines) – Multi-titled Wushu fighter, Martial Combat Champion, and URCC Champion.
– Bao Li Gao (China) – Sanda World Champion
– Kwang Hee Lee (Korea) – Spirit MC Champion
– Namsaknoi Yudthagarngamtorn (Thailand) – 6x Muay Thai World Champion
– Eddie Ng (Hong Kong) – Total Combat FC Champion, and top prospect from Hong Kong.
– Adam Kayoom (Malaysia) – Malaysia Champion and XFC Champion, one of the top prospect from the country.
– Zhao Zhi Long (China) – Sanda World Champion
– Zorobabel Moreira (Brazil/Singapore) – Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu World Champion, recently won against Ferrid Kheder.
– Kevin Belingon (Philippines) – Undefeated URCC Champion, a Lakay Wushu product who is one of the best bantamweights in Asia.
– Yodsanan Sityodtong (Thailand) – Former WBA Boxing World Champion, probably the most talented boxer to cross-over to MMA. Trains with all the Muay Thai and BJJ champs from Evolve MMA.
– Ole Laursen (Denmark / Philippines) – Martial Combat, and Muay Thai World Champion. A K-1 Veteran who is the #8 ranked lightweight on BloodyElbow’s World Scouting Report
– Soo Chul Kim (Korea) – Rising On Champion, and Undefeated Road FC veteran
– Mitch Chilson (USA / Singapore) – 2-Time Martial Combat Champion
– Leandro Issa (Brazil/Singapore) – Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu World Champion and Martial Combat Champion,
– Eric Kelly (Philippines), Undefeated URCC Champion,
– Orono Wor Petchpun (Thailand) – 5x Muay Thai World Champion
– Ba Teer (China) – Sanda World Champion
– Gregor Gracie (Brazil) – Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Champion, 4-1 in his MMA career.
– Yoddecha Sityodtong (Thailand) – Muay Thai World Champion
– Rolles Gracie (Brazil) – Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Champion, and UFC Veteran, who is 4-1 in his MMA career.
– Malik Arash Malawyi (Afghanistan) – Afghanistan Champion and Martial Combat Champion
– Igor Gracie (Brazil) – Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Champion, and Strikeforce Veteran, who is 3-2 in his MMA career.
There are a few names left off the list cause they’re still waiting on the papers to be signed, but either way, it’s still a pretty impressive roster for this upstart promotion. Negotiations are also underway for Japanese fighters and other champions, so they’re expecting to make even more major announcements soon.
One FC is a Singapore based promotion, and they’ll be hosting their first show on September 3, on the massive, Singapore Indoor Arena. Their huge plans have been unveiled, but the most notable tidbit I think, is that they aren’t staying on their home base of Singapore. Sources close to the promotion have informed BloodyElbow.com that they’re also hosting shows all over Asia. On a three year span, they’ll be heading to several Key Cities such as Singapore, Macau, Seoul, Jakarta, Shanghai, Bangkok, Manila, Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur, Mumbai, and Shanghai.
After the jump, check out a few of their TV spots that are promoting a few of the Singapore based fighters on the September card.
Expect a few fights to be added in the next couple of weeks, but here’s the One FC fight card for the September 3 show so far:
– Mitch Chilson (Martial Combat Champ) vs. Eric Kelly (URCC Champion)
– Ole Laursen (Muay Thai Champion) vs. Eduard Folayang (URCC and, Martial Combat Champion)
– Yodsanan Sityodtong (WBA Boxing World Champion) vs. Daniel Mashamaite (Muay Thai Champion)
– Leandro Issa (BJJ and Martial Combat Champion) vs. TBA
– Zorobabel Moreira (BJJ Champion) vs. TBA
– Radeem Rahman vs. TBA
– Eddie Ng (Total Combat FC Champion) vs. TBA
About the author