Ultimate Fighter veteran Pablo Garza beat up Yves Jabouin on the feet before jumping into a flying triangle and getting the tap out at 4:31 of the first round of their featherweight bout at UFC 129.
Jabouin scored first with a series of leg kicks that dropped Garza three times. Garza countered with the Thai plum and landed a series of hard knees to the face. From there Garza lept into the flying triangle and pulled Jabouin down to the ground.
Jabouin fought against the choke with a determined will, but Garza continued to roll and continually tightened the choke until Jabouin was finally forced to tap.
The fight was streamed live on the UFC’s Facebook page and opened the UFC 129 card.
Garza, a veteran of The Ultimate Fighter: Team GSP vs Team Koscheck, is a former WEC fighter with a 1-0 record in the UFC.
The Québécois Jabouin went 1-2 in the WEC, winning his last fight over Brandon Visher at WEC 52.
More UFC 129 Results from Bloody Elbow:
- Lyoto Machida Clouts Randy Couture
- Vladimir Matyushenko Mops the Floor With Jason Brilz
- Ben Henderson Whips Up On Mark Bocek
- Rory MacDonald Ragdolls Nate Diaz
- Jake Ellenberger Brutalizes Sean Pierson
- Ivan Menjivar Clocks Charlie Valencia
- Jason MacDonald Triangles Ryan Jensen
- John Makdessi KO’s Kyle Watson With Spinning Back Fist
- Pablo Garza Submits Yves Jabouin
About the author